Wadkins & Associates Ltd values and treats all people with dignity and respect. We aim to encourage, value and manage Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI). We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination, harassment or victimisation. We wish to attain a workforce that is representative of society to ensure we are connecting with the widest pool of talent available.
It is our aim to ensure that no employee, job applicant or candidate receives less favourable facilities or treatment (either directly or indirectly) during the recruitment process or employment process on grounds of
- gender reassignment
- marriage and civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
- race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin)
- religion or belief
- sexual orientation
Our aim is to oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes in:
- pay and benefits
- terms and conditions of employment
- dealing with grievances and discipline
- leave for parents
- requests for flexible working
- selection for employment, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities
This policy, and other associated arrangements/policies, operates in accordance with statutory requirements (including the Equality Act 2010). In addition, full account will be taken of any guidance or Codes of Practice issued by the Equality and Human Rights Commission, any Government Departments and/or any other statutory bodies.
- To create an inclusive culture where individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued.
- Our recruitment, selection and assessment process does not discriminate on any grounds and focuses entirely on skills and competencies for the specific roles.
- We ensure that individuals are treated equally and fairly and that decisions on training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff and based on objective criteria.
- We offer a blind CV service when passing CVs on to employers. By removing candidates’ names and other identifying information, we can ensure that unconscious bias is minimized and every CV is looked at in equal light
- We encourage candidates who require reasonable adjustments for interviews to let us know so that we can liaise with the employer on their behalf to meet their needs. We want to ensure that every candidate is given a fair interview in which they will be able to play to their strengths
- We are implementing a diversity monitoring procedure in our recruitment process in order to better understand what candidates we are attracting and who we are not managing to connect with. Taking part in this monitoring process is optional and any sensitive data will be entirely anonymous and used only for research purposes
- We are committed to writing our job adverts in neutral, inclusive language.
- This commitment includes training managers and all other employees about their rights and responsibilities under the equality, diversity and inclusion policy.
This policy will be monitored and reviewed regularly to ensure our commitments are working effectively. Where required, positive action will be considered to target under-represented talent pools.
BREACHES OF THIS POLICY
Wadkins & Associates Ltd takes a strict approach to breaches of this policy, which will be dealt with in accordance with our Disciplinary Procedure. Serious cases of deliberate discrimination may amount to gross misconduct resulting in dismissal.